Sunday, December 31, 2006

Greetings from Coach Maria

I have to admit, this is my favorite time of year. I love new beginnings and fresh starts. And January means “New Beginnings”. To me it means clearing out the old to make room for the new. What about you? As you begin a new year, what do you want to prepare for this year?

By reviewing the current year, I can decide what I liked and what I never want to do again. I find it important to take the time to do an inventory. How did you do? What were your intentions for 2006?

I find it helpful to write down my goals for the year, so now I can pull them out and look them over.

Do they reflect what I really want or what others may want for me? Are these my expectations or expectations I think I should have? When reviewing what I wanted last year for myself, what did I find? I found that I talked about things that are important to me. However, was I committed to doing whatever it took to make it happen? Sometimes, yes! Sometimes no! As far as overall fitness goes, yes I was ready. As far as financial fitness, I was not as ready as I thought. As 2007 begins, I am finding myself more committed this year to making permanent changes in my financial responsibilities.

When you review your resolutions from 2006 what did you find? Did you make resolutions that you think you should do? (i.e. losing weight because there are weight loss commercials on TV every 5 minutes) Did you focus too much on your faults? Instead of what’s wrong, look at what’s working. What are your strengths, values and true priorities?

When you made a resolution last year, were you realistic? For example to use fitness as an example, did you expect to go from not exercising at all to exercising 7 days a week for 60 minutes?

As you review what you wanted for yourself in the past, do you think you had the process, tools, support and motivation to be successful?

From my review of past journals and work with my clients, I have discovered that there is more benefit and more likely to be success, if I think of my resolutions as a commitment to transforming my life, one step at a time. In other words, make a life-long commitment to growth and development.

The New Year’s Resolutions Group will provide all participants with the process, tools, support and motivation to be successful. Hope to meet you there!

Coach Maria Teresa Busch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year 2009 !!

So what's your New Year Resolution (:

ciciolina said...

veryy good .
it's vinteresting for me.. thank you .